Tik Tok the new social media app?

Image result for tik tok
Let's talk about Tik Tok. This is an app that has recently been flooding social media. I now see Tik Tok all over my explore page on Instagram, where they all used to be regular video that would usually come from twitter or snapchat, they are now coming from Tik Tok. This app has such an effect on social media these days because it is a combination of a lot of the apps we use today. It provides us with everything other social media apps usually do as well as makes us want want to spend hours and hours scrolling on our feed.

Tik Tok has designed their app first so you can follow your friends and top users who you like or look up to. Like instagram they have a page for you to look at who you follows page but as well as people who they think you would want to follow or videos you would want to watch. For say if you like comedy, your page would most likely be filled with funny videos. The app does this so that they make more money because you are on the app longer. Like Instagram and snapchat they have an area where you can privately text someone. This is also kind of like messages where they can talk one on one without everyone knowing what they are conversing about. Lastly they are like Instagram and snapchat where you can post your own content that you like and create any type of video. They also have a button you can press to go live and talk to your followers at that place in time.

I myself as well as my friends have recently gotten Tik Tok and we have said to have been scrolling on their for hours either procrastinating or just we are bored.  believe media like this is so addicting and is bad for us because we end up wasting time when we could actually be doing more productive things. I am not mad I downloaded the app but I do wish that I didn't procrastinate using this app.

Comments

  1. I feel as if TikTok is very toxic is just making people look down on society. We already have people that hate the internet but as more and more apps like this appear, it just hurts the media and gives people a false perception of what the internet has become. I do not hate against people for becoming successful on this app, but I do think that it hurts the overall image of the internet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts